The NK Dice are a lot of fun, especially with the younger kids! Here is a game that is simple to play and can be used in Phase 1 of the NK Lesson Plans!
• Choose a student to roll the dice with notes on it
• Identify the color and match the NK Magnet
• Put that magnet on your magnetic board
• Ask more students to roll to create a longer composition (stop when you would like)
• Ask kids how many sounds there are on the board?
• Let’s sing it ~ Point to the beginning of the sound and drag your finger across it while the kids sing “LA”. I remind the kids that we need to start, keep going and stop each sound together!)
• For older kids, keep 2 yellows together and 4 terra cottas together to create a regular rhythm!