Classes can be crazy this time of year, especially when you are preparing for a concert! If you find yourself with a bit of time that needs to be filled, here is a fun game to play! It takes “Hot and Cold” to a whole new level!! When one is far from the object, one sings or plays a whole note, as it will take a long time to find it! When one is quite close, one can sing or play sixteenth notes, as the object will be quickly found! Enjoy!
- Object to hide
- To have fun!!
- To be able to say color rhythms accurately
- To find hidden object
- To give proper directions
- Choose student to leave room
- Class hides object
- Student comes back in room and proceeds to look for object
- As student looks for object, another student sings, plays or chants: (click HERE to see how to say colors!)
- (whole note) Grey-ey-ey-ey ~ if student is very far away from object
- (half note) Blue-ue ~ if student is getting closer to object
- (quarter note) Red ~ if student is getting closer still to object
- (eighth note) Yel-low ~ if student is close to object
- (sixteenth note) Ter-ra Cot-ta ~ if student is super close to object
- This goes on until student finds hidden object
- When object is found, new student leaves room and it starts all over again!