Assessment and fun are the 2 most important words when it comes to planning the end of the school year lessons!! Games are always a “go-to”, but here is another creative idea for your students to do in 15 – 30 minutes! The best part is that it requires little to no set up and it gives your voice a break! You give a short mini lesson in the beginning and send the kids do their thing!! PERFECT for when you are feeling burnt out!!
- Crayons or pencils ~ depending on grade level
- Note Knacks
- Enough Boomwhackers for everyone in group (to make up a Major Chord)
- “What are some ways we can play our Boomwhackers?
- Boomwhacker with Boomwhacker (horizontal or vertical)
- Rhythm review ~ working with Note Knacks, create a 2 mm rhythm
- Have kids practice playing what they composed
- Create a 4-6 mm rhythm (shorter if younger OR they can use the rhythm you created as a class)
- Decide who plays what when
- …while creating movement for when you play the piece
- You have 30 minutes then your group will perform what you have created
- Put kids into groups of 2, 3 or 4
- Give them materials
- Kids go off and CREATE!!
- Give kids 5-minute warning until performances
- Have each group perform
The kids did such a great job! They had such creative ideas and some groups really created full blown mini plays!!
Let us know in the comments below what your students come up with!!